Your Regular Checkup: Recall Exams
At least 60% of kindergartners suffer from tooth decay, the number one childhood disease. Even with daily brushing and flossing, plaque can still develop, particularly in areas that are difficult to reach. Only professional cleanings can remove the plaque and tartar that cause tooth decay and gum disease. The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry, American Academy of Pediatrics and Growing Smiles Dental Care recommend that your child have regular dental check-ups beginning at age one. At the check-up, we will:
- Review your child’s medical and dental history
- Examine the teeth, oral tissues and jaws
- Clean and polish the teeth
- Discuss proper brushing and oral hygiene techniques
- Provide fluoride treatments or sealants as needed
The dentist will advise you about any decay or other problems requiring treatment, and our staff will schedule an appointment for the treatment. Regularly scheduled visits will help your child keep their teeth for a lifetime.